Multiple positions at NTT Hi-Tech Institute – Nguyen Tat Thanh University, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
NTT Hi-Tech Institute (NHTI) at Nguyen Tat Thanh University (NTTU) invites applications for multiple research-focused positions in the following laboratories (broadly defined):
- Information Technology and Communication Technology;
- Automation and Robotics;
- Energy and Environmental Technologies; and
- Biotechnology, Biomedical Science & Engineering, and Pharmacology.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, as well as startup packages to establish your research programs. We have a good track record of getting external funding and could share a lot of experience to the successful candidates. You will also receive financial support from NTTU to conduct research in foreign institutions (about two months per year). In addition, you will have access to entrepreneurial support through our close collaboration with a successful technology incubator/accelerator.
Nguyen Tat Thanh University (NTTU) is a young dynamic private university in Ho Chi Minh City. NTTU is financially independent with an average annual attendance of about 15000 students in 59 programs of 24 departments and institutes. NTTU is aiming to become one of the top research universities in Vietnam and has been investing significantly on science and engineering as the major part of its long term development strategies. As such, NTTU and its parent company TEXGAMEX have been granted three projects at Saigon Hi-Tech Park (STHP), including the NTT Hi-Tech Training Center (1.5 ha), NTT Hi-Tech Development Center (4.7 ha), and Millennium Park (22.7 ha). STHP is the rapidly evolving science and engineering hub in District 9, HCMC that includes R&D centers and manufacturing sites of big companies like Intel and Samsung, as well as many other successful companies and promising startups. Fulbright University Vietnam’s campus is adjacent to NTT Hi-Tech Development Center, which will lead to fruitful interactions between the two institutions. We envision that NTT Hi-Tech Development Center, which will be operated by NHTI, will bring scientists, engineers, and entrepreneurs together to deliver hi-tech products to the society. The metro providing convenient transportation between STHP and HCMC center will soon be operational. NTTU is planning to complete the construction of NTT Hi-Tech Development Center in the next two years and it will house the research facilities for the aforementioned areas of NHTI. Currently NHTI has 10 excellent groups and we are looking to double the size in the next two years.
Duties: The future members will work together with the current members to:
- Build and maintain innovative and applicable research programs with external funding and publish regularly in ISI journals.
- Seek, evaluate, and oversee potential projects that could be invested by NTTU.
- Serve as the bridges between NTTU and outside science and engineering organizations, such as universities in Vietnam and in foreign countries, companies in STHP and Ho Chi Minh City, government ministries of Vietnam, as well as various departments of provinces in the Mekong Delta.
- Contribute to internationalizing NTTU through international collaborations in research and training undergraduate and graduate students.
- Contribute to building high quality undergraduate and graduate curriculums and teach up to 120 credits/academic year.
We are looking mainly for candidates with a Ph.D. in any area of Science or engineering for group leader positions, but different types of positions can be arranged for outstanding candidates without a Ph.D. Candidates must have a good publication record, strong research proposal, and professional English skills. Postdoctoral and/or industrial experience, proven leadership, and entrepreneurial skills are big advantages.
How to apply:
Please combine a cover letter, your CV, a summary of your previous research and future research proposal (up to 1 page each), and up to 3 of your most important papers to a single pdf file and send to email@example.com. Please also request 2 letters of recommendation to be sent directly to the same email address. All documents must be written in English. We will accept applications until all positions are filled.
For more information, please contact:
NTT Hi-Tech Institute, Nguyen Tat Thanh University,
298-300A Nguyen Tat Thanh, Ward 13, District 4, HCMC, Vietnam
Tel: +84 8 39404272- extension: 174